Martin Whalen (MWO), a Xerox Company, is the elite sales and service provider of digital document imaging solutions in Illinois. Our decentralized management philosophy, coupled with local autonomy, allows for very responsive and personalized customer service and support. We offer extensive product, service and sales training, excellent benefits, competitive compensation, a positive working environment, and unparalleled career opportunities. Martin Whalen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are dedicated to providing continuous career development for all employees. Moving your career on the right path takes involvement from both you and your company. We work with you in assessing where you currently are, where you want to be, and how to get there. Our investment in career development reflects our commitment to attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. We continuously strive to build a great workplace and provide every opportunity for you to build a career that changes and grows with you.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking for competitive, driven, polished professionals to join our team. Please view our available opportunities:
• Articulate and position MWO’s hardware, software, services and solutions to key decision makers
• Aggressively pursue competitive accounts and differentiate MWO from competitors
• Manage the entire sales cycle across customer accounts, engaging specialists as needed
• Propose and close sales that achieve total revenue growth, profit and customer satisfaction plans
• Keep abreast of changes in technology and understanding of basic user abilities
• Prepare daily/weekly action plans by individuals as well as by team to insure focused activity
• Sustain sales activities; appointments, demos, proposals, cold calls, dials and database updates
• Meet or exceed revenue and gross profit expectations
• Perform other duties as assigned
• BS/BA degree in business or other related field
• 2+ years business-to-business sales experience
• Must have valid license, current car insurance and be able to use own vehicle
• Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation skills)
• Proficiency using MS Office, e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, and Word and the Internet for research
• Personal drive and internal motivation toward high achievement
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organizational levels
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability; willingness to take risks and try new approaches
Working for Martin Whalen means being part of a community – employees and clients – striving to provide the best in document management solutions in Illinois. Our Aftermarket Contract Administrator is smart and savvy with a passion for customer service and a strong attention to detail. They directly interact with our clients and team members on matters relating to aftermarket contract management.
As an Aftermarket Contract Administrator, you will be responsible for the accurate management of our contracts to achieve operational excellence, customer loyalty, and retention. This position requires a high degree of independence, accountability, and an ability to work with varying levels of supervision. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think creatively, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills.
WHO YOU ARE
• A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
• A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective clients.
• Organized and Accountable. You have exceptional time management abilities and are able to juggle the needs of changing priorities while accomplishing objectives.
• Analytical. You are comfortable working with numbers, evaluating trends, and analyzing data.
• Levelheaded. You keep your cool during stressful situations and quickly find solutions.
• Flexible and Adaptable. You understand that the world does not exist through black and white lenses and embrace the opportunity to live in the gray.
• Confident and Decisive. You take initiative, trust your gut, and are not afraid to make a decision or deliver a difficult message.
• Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting clients know that they matter.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Administer, extend and complete aftermarket contracts
• Analyze potential risks contract changes may pose to the organization
• Adjust billing rates as directed
• Support internal parties during contract development and adjustments
• Resolve any existing contract conflicts
• Obtain accurate meter data
• Ensure accurate and timely billing of aftermarket contract invoices
• Promote automated meter collection app
• Work effectively with the administrative team to achieve department goals and objectives
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 2 + years previous contract or lease processing experience required
• Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• High school diploma or equivalent
Martin Whalen Office Solutions (MWO) seeks a reliable, dynamic self-motivated professional to fill the role of HR Generalist. We are looking for someone who is smart, hardworking, organized and detail oriented. This position reports to the President and is responsible for managing all aspects of Human Resources.
Overall Position Summary: Manage the day-to-day operations of HR with respect to administration of the company policies, procedures and programs in the following functional areas: employee relations, training and development, benefits, payroll, safety and worker’s compensation.
The Selected candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
• A thorough understanding of HR policies and regulatory /legal requirements in the areas of FLSA, WC, ADA, EEO, Title VII, and other employment related law.
• Experience with ADP Enterprise and payroll administration.
• Provide first level support of HR policy interpretation and proactively seek HR Director’s involvement when necessary.
• Works with local management team to recommend appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
• Adherence to Company policies and procedures with regard to ethics.
• Use good judgment in receiving, communicating, and managing confidential information.
• Involvement in recruiting process.
• Accountable for benefits administration ensuring new employees have elected or waived appropriate insurance coverage. Assist current employees with qualifying life event changes.
• Administers Leaves of Absence.
• Assist in implementing corporate wellness initiatives.
• Maintains electronic and hard copies of personnel information.
• Plans and/or conducts training sessions as needed (i.e., sexual harassment, safety, performance management) which may involve overnight travel on occasion; prepares electronic and hard-copy materials for presentations.
• Responsible for worker’s compensation and safety management.
• Attends Safety Meetings and trainings.
• Responds to emergency situations (“Shelter-In”/Tornado warnings; “Shelter-Out”/Fire Drills; 911 calls).
• Orders and maintains required Labor Law posters at all locations.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. PHR or equivalent preferred.
• Payroll processing experience required; ADP experience preferred.
• Knowledge of HRIS, Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
Primary Objective/Scope: Acquire proficiency in digital equipment repair, maintenance and preparation for installation through factory training, self-study programs (CBT) and on-the-job training. Responsible for the timely and cost effective maintenance, repair and set up of digital office technology equipment.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
• Routinely demonstrates and creates a helpful and positive work culture
• Encourages and builds positive relationships and communicates effectively with all co-workers, outside customers and vendors
• Conducts self at all times as the public image of the company in accordance with MWO’s Code of Conduct
• Performs effective and efficient equipment set-ups, repairs or maintenance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and product performance
• Properly fills out assigned reports completely and on time
• Maintains personal copy of all assigned publications in organized manner so they are readily available for use as needed
• Must be capable of handling Trainee Field Service Technician job responsibilities within 6 to 12 months
• Responsible for continued development of service technician skills through formal training, self-study and on-the-job training
• Demonstrates willingness and capacity to be trained on digital office equipment that is in, or added to the
company line of products.
• Maintains the overall appearance of the shop area.
• Responsible for maintaining the parts inventory in cage and the parted machine area.
• High school diploma or GED is required; formal electronics/technology training or equivalent preferred
• Basic mechanical aptitude and demonstrated skills required
• Strong oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of Microsoft —Word, Excel & Outlook
• Maintain a positive and supportive attitude towards customers, both internal and external
• Ability to work under stress; prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction
• Exceptional troubleshooting skills handling digital copiers
Physical demands: Active work which requires the following physical activities: bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, sitting, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, hearing and visual acuity; must be able to lift at least 50 lbs and assist with machine delivery
Mental demands: Problem-solving, verbal communication, reading instructions, directions, mental acuity